Snapshot allows users / developers to take in-application screenshots and also browse these screenshots within the application. It was built using DirectX 9 and C++. This middleware was used in another of my projects (The Legend of Phoenix), whereby the player could purchase a camera from a shop and take in-game pictures.
The download links on the right come with a set of instructions on how you can integrate Snapshot within your own application.
Snapshot has the following features.
- Capture in game screenshots
- Gallery view to allow the user to browse through saved screenshots
- Browse through saved screenshots at full size
- Zoom in and out of screenshots
- Remove screenshots from the gallery and their saved directory
- An unlimited amount of screenshots can be saved
- Save screenshots in the image format you want (png, jpg, bmp, dds or tga)
Please note that the scene within the example project provided with the download is a demo from Frank Luna’s Introduction to 3D Game Programming in DirectX 9.0